Steps to Admission
Thank you for your interest in Christ’s Legacy Academy, a Christ-centered classical school. As you consider a Christian education for your child, pray for God to guide your thinking, and learn all you can about the philosophy of classical, Christian education. Read over the application carefully and fill it out completely.
- Family Interview - You will be notified by the school when your documents and payment(s) have been received to schedule the interview.
- Assessment Testing - The Assessment Test will be scheduled at the time of the Family Interview.
- Enrollment Packet - The Enrollment Packet of required information will be given at the time of the Family Interview.
Divorce – In a case where there has been a divorce, Christ’s Legacy Academy will deal directly with the parent(s) who has legal custody of the child enrolling in the school. In the case of joint custody, we will communicate with both parents and will need to interview both parents.
Family – At CLA, a family is defined according to the biblical and traditional definition, with the key components consisting of a male husband and female mother. In regards to student enrollment, any variation of this definition of “family” wherein two members of the same sex apply to enroll a child into CLA will not be accepted.
- Notification of Acceptance – After all of the above steps have been completed, the Enrollment Packet paperwork has been received, and the financial aid application has been vetted, the Head of School will review and rule on the application. Notification of acceptance will be sent by mail. All students are considered to be on probation for their first nine weeks at CLA. Excessive behavior problems or extremely poor academic performance may result in dismissal or recommendation to placement in a lower grade level.
- Waiting List – In the event there is not an opening available, names are placed on a waiting list in the date order that applications are received and kept for a period of two years.
Admission Requirements for Parents
- As a discipleship school, Christ’s Legacy Academy requires that at least one parent has accepted Christ as their Savior.
- Parents of students at Christ’s Legacy Academy should have a clear understanding of the biblical philosophy and purpose of the school. This understanding includes a willingness to have their child exposed to the clear teaching of the school’s Statement of Faith in various and frequent ways within the school’s program.
- The parents should be willing to cooperate with all the written policies of Christ’s Legacy Academy.
Christ’s Legacy Academy is committed to racial nondiscrimination. Christ’s Legacy Academy admits students of any race, gender, color, national origin, or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship programs, financial assistance and loan programs, athletic programs, and other school administered programs and activities.